Our little Chicken-Lover!

Our little Chicken-Lover!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturday

Phoebe looks better and better. I am so encouraged. Julia, my sister has been here with me for a couple of days. I have loved having her here. Everybody thinks we are twins. She has been a wonderful help and of course great company! I am going to try and post some pictures as soon as possible.

Phoebe's numbers looked really good today:
albumin- 2.9         (3.5 to 4.0 is the goal)
Hemoglobin-8.7   
white blood cell count-16


This coming week their desire is to take her off of the nutrition pack in her veins, and only give her food in the tube. So we will look forward to that happening. She is finding great comfort in nursing. I never ever thought I would have a one year old with such a desire to nurse. It's a wonderful thing.
I still pump first before every nursing even throughout the night, two or three times.
Nights are still pretty disturbed. Little Miss Phoebe has not learned how to sleep for very long yet. She does rather well sleeping on a human body though, basically whoever is willing to sit in the rocker for one or two hours and let her sweat all over them. What she really needs is Grandma here full-time for that very purpose,day or night.(ha, ha!) Right Grandma? She's always had that magic touch with the children, but unfortunately she's all the way in Canada. And Nana isn't available either because she has the other three munchkins. Oh well, I guess Aunt Ju-Ju is going to have to do. I think Phoebe's only complaint would be that she is a little skinny! It's just not the same. Yea, we'll have to get Aunt JU-JU to gain a little weight.
Well, I think I'm starting to ramble, so I better sign off. Love to all and thankyou for your continued prayers. I can't wait to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lots of Walks

Lots of Walks

Phoebe in her chair

Phoebe in her chair