Our little Chicken-Lover!

Our little Chicken-Lover!

Monday, May 10, 2010

A GREAT WEEKEND IN THE MOUNTAINS!

I am so thrilled to be able to say Phoebe did not throw up all weekend long. We were about to give her her medicine the first morning we were there and I realized I had forgotten it. But there was nothing we could do about it. Well, as the weekend progressed I realized that she hadn't thrown up at all. I couldn't believe it.
And she's nursing more and more and keeping it down. We are back home today and needless to say we will not be giving her any more medicine. I had wondered about a week ago if she was not tolerating the medicine very well. And now I think we have our answer.
     She doesn't have any weight gain to speak of but she is maintaining. She weighed in at 10.7.2 today. (Can't wait to see 11 lbs!) She's also more active. If you lay her on her back she kicks her feet and swims with her hands and makes the cutest little happy face with her tongue sticking out of the side of her mouth.                         
     I am very encouraged. Thankyou for your prayers.
(I also wanted to add that about 4 days ago we started feeding her breastmilk in her tube
instead of just formula. But we fortify the breastmilk with a little bit of formula to increase the calories. So I'm also really happy about that change.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lots of Walks

Lots of Walks

Phoebe in her chair

Phoebe in her chair