Our little Chicken-Lover!

Our little Chicken-Lover!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Dwelling on things to be thankful for

Yes, that's what we're doing today. Today has sort of been a day where the reality of everything sinks in. And of course that reality is not very pleasant at all. Being sleep deprived doesn't help either but we are grabbing naps whenever we can. Phoebe has refused to nurse from me this morning. She arches her back and turns away from me crying as if I am going to do something traumatic to her. So I was pretty down about that. I was very emotional thinking that I might not nurse her again. Infact, I'm going to try and nurse her again right now.
**************************************************
YIPPEE! That's how my heart feels. She just nursed for about 15 minutes.(Maybe the Lord allowed that to happen because He heard a child's prayer go up this morning for Phoebe.) And I can just see how it brings her such comfort and she completely relaxes. Infact, she filled up a huge dirty diaper while I was nursing her. It took four of us to change her. She got it on her clothes, her tube, everything. But it was a delightful mess. We're happy to see her body working.
 Well I started out this entry feeling pretty down, but now I my heart feels so much lighter. I am also very excited today because any minute I will see three very precious little faces peering in here at me. My parents will be coming up with the kids. I can't wait to hug fat little MY-MY and see his funny little face that he makes.
      They switched Phoebe's formula today to Neocate. They give it to preemies. It is for the most sensitive digestive system. And because she is still throwing up frequently, they were ready to switch her over. So we feel good about that.
****************************************************************************

They've come and gone and David and I feel like we have had a vacation! 

Nana and Papa came in the room, Dad fell asleep and so did Phoebe. So after a little while, David and I took the oppurtunity to bolt out the door for a family excursion. It was the first time I've left this hospital floor since Tuesday! We went to...................DRUMROLL........................you guessed it>>>>STARBUCKS!
Of course, right? I mean it just makes sense, doesn't it? That's where any "normal" person would go after being cooped up, right? It was delightful. The kids were with us and Phoebe was being babysat by Nana and Papa. When we got back, she was playing with a toy in her chair, and was doing better than we have seen her in all the time we have been here. Of course Dad took full credit and said again what he has been saying all along. 


"All she needs is to come home with them and everything would be just fine." And we know that there is some truth to that. Who wouldn't do better with a Nana and Papa like them?
     I did get just a taste today of how my mom must have felt when she was apart from us in Zambia. Like I said it was just a taste, but it made me love her more for what she went through.
Well, this is such a nice little outlet for us to be able to share a little bit of our hearts with you every day as we update you and journal our experience for future reference. And it brings tears to my eyes even right now as I think about all the voices that are lifting up prayers to God on our behalf. What a comfort! I wish everyone on this hospital floor knew that comfort. 
  We love you all so much. Thankyou for your love.

2 comments:

  1. Just remember... "you're loved"!

    MP

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that dirty diaper is a delightful one, it gives sort of relief to everyone, especially you-- Michelle!
    Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Lots of Walks

Lots of Walks

Phoebe in her chair

Phoebe in her chair